Resident of the Day
We are always looking at ways to improve and so when a member of staff suggested introducing a ‘Resident of the day’ we set about putting it in place.
The resident of the day is asked to choose their favorite food for Breakfast, Lunch and Supper and also offered the opportunity to tell us all about themselves with a sherry before lunch.
On the day they will meet:
- The Chef on duty to ensure we know the residents likes/dislikes and to discuss any new ideas for menus.
- one of our deputy managers (Debs or Brenda).
- one of our Care supervisor (Emma, Lucy or Sheri).
- our local Pharmacist Mike Slator will attend with our Deputy manager to review medication and to answer any questions relating to it.
- one of the housekeeping team to ensure they are happy with how their room is cleaned as well as their laundry.
- Zoe & myself.
The idea being that this gives our residents an opportunity to discuss ideas and to ask questions about the care they receive, which may also assist other residents while feeling special for the day.
Lottie was asked if she would like to be our first resident of the day and we didn’t have to wait long for her decision!
Carrie spent time with her planning her day and agreed with Preeda the menu Lottie had selected.
Breakfast: Scramble egg, tomatoes and crispy bacon.
Lunch: Cold meat salad.
Supper: Caviar, Crackers and salad.
Lottie spoke to her family who arranged to bring in some clothes she had made in the past and she explained to everyone in the conservatory who she made them for and what the materials were. Lottie told us about what she had done in the past, countries she had visited, jobs she had had and everyone had a very enjoyable time. Lottie’s son also shared the occasion with us.
Lottie is a keen card player and offered to teach any other residents a few games and so an evening game was arranged.
As you can see Lottie had a lovely day especially the caviar and not forgetting the prosecco!
Thank you to Lottie for sharing her memories with us and also to everyone who made her day so special, she has asked to choose the next resident of the day and has said that we should do it more often!