I am absolutely delighted to say that on Friday 24th April 2015 Valerie Manor was announced the winner of the Care Team Award 2015 at the Great British Care Awards care home national finals held in Birmingham.
Being the South East Regional Winners in November 2014 was such an achievement and to become the National Winners is something that we are so very proud of. I can’t think of a better way to reward and recognise the dedication and hard work of the whole team.
Our residents, friends, families and extended community were also delighted with the news and we celebrated with sherry and cakes for those who could attend, in the Valerie Manor conservatory. We have also organised a special staff event for those who were unable to attend the awards, to take place on Saturday 2nd May 2015. We will also be awarding each member of staff their very own medal to keep as a way of saying thank you and to recognise their achievement.
Some emails and testimonials from friends and family of Valerie Manor…
• “Sometimes when I see someone being shown round I tell them that the care here is superb and now it’s official: Valerie Manor has the finest care team in the whole of Britain, WOW! This is a place where the residents come first, all day, every day. I am highly privileged to be able to live here.”
– Brian Lahee, a resident of Valerie Manor
• “We were so thrilled to hear your good news at the weekend. What a wonderful achievement but well deserved. We never cease to wonder at the patience, care, kindness and good humour of all your staff to residents and visitors alike. Valerie Manor is a very special place and we feel our mother is so blessed to be in such an amazing care home. The family feel very blessed as well to know that she is in such good hands at this difficult time in her life. Well done everyone who plays a part in this very special care home, you are a wonderful team. With love, Viv x”
– daughter of a resident
• “What absolutely fantastic news!! Many, many congratulations to you and all the staff!! We have said it all along – Valerie Manor is the best and to have that officially recognised at a national level is a truly deserved accolade for your vision, dedication and hard work. We know from firsthand experience how amazing your staff are and we are delighted that all their effort, care, kindness and support have been so well rewarded. You have been like an extended family to our loved ones, to residents past and present and to us and for that we thank you most sincerely and totally endorse the award of National Care Team 2015! Very, very well done!! Once again huge congratulations on your magnificent achievement. Fran and John Xx”
– friends of Valerie Manor
• “Wonderful news, and rightly awarded, we send our congratulations to you, and all at Valerie Manor, we will always remember your care of Kate (O’Mara), and how safe, and peaceful she found being there.
love Belinda Carroll and Michael Cochrane”
– family of Kate O’Mara, a previous resident
• “You and all your lovely staff deserve the National Award as everyone tries so hard to make Valerie Manor such a special place. We feel so glad that Mum is a resident and is so well looked after in the uniquely happy atmosphere.”
– daughter of a resident
The Great British Care Awards are a series of regional events throughout England and are a celebration of excellence across the care sector. The purpose of the awards are to pay tribute to those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their field of work. For more information, please visit http://www.care-awards.co.uk.